You’ve identified that you have bed bugs. Now how do you get rid of them? Bed bug powders are a safe, effective, and natural way to kill bed bugs. In particular, Diatomaceous Earth (DE). Diatomaceous Earth is made of tiny, fossilized diatoms (aquatic organisms) that lived in fresh water lakes. When crushed and turned into powder, the sharp edges poke and cut bed bugs as they go over them. The powder then absorbs and sucks their body fluid which causes them to dehydrate and eventually die. Take note that this only kills physical bed bugs and will not kill their eggs, since eggs don’t have the ability to walk over the powder. =)
Best of all Diatomaceous Earth is non-toxic and safe to use!
How to Use
Apply a thin layer of the diatomaceous earth powder along infested areas. Be sure to apply to cracks, baseboards, and other tiny crevices that bed bugs can get into. Make sure the layer is not thick otherwise the bed bugs will simply walk around it. We want them to walk on top of it to be effective.
Leave the powder for a few days then simply sweep away or vacuum the powder. The bed bugs don’t die right away (as it takes time for them to dehydrate) so you may need to apply more coatings. This actually significantly reduced the amount of bed bugs for me so I highly recommend you trying this out.
I found that this was one of the most effective ways to kill bed bugs. Leave a thin coating around each of your bed posts as well as along baseboard and areas bed bugs have to cross in order to get to your bed. I also left a line of powder across my door so they won’t spread to other rooms of the house.
The best value I found was the Diatomaceous Earth Food Grade 10 lb bag. You get the best bang for your buck and if you have to do repeated treatments or have multiple rooms to treat this will definitely save you money.
The 4 lb Safer Brand Diatomaceaous Earth is great as well if you need smaller quantities but keep in mind that this doesn’t only kill bed bugs. It kills other pests like cockroaches, fleas, earwigs, silverfish, crickets, millipedes and centipedes as well. For even smaller quantities, the Harris Bed Bug Diatomaceous Earth Powder is a perfect fit.
Diatomaceous earth (DE) is essential for anyone looking for natural remedies in their home, yard, garden or homestead. This amazing product is made of tiny, fossilized diatoms (plankton) that accumulated over millennia in fresh water lakes. When mined and left untreated, this fine powder can be used in hundreds of different ways. At 10 pounds, it’s easy to transport yet big enough for large projects making it our most popular size.
- Food grade de – meets U.S. Food chemicals codex standards
- Omri listed – for organic use
- Natural product – safe for human or animal consumption
- No additives – 100% pure freshwater diatomaceous earth
- No contaminants – professionally packaged using stainless steel machinery
CimeXa’s engineered silica composition achieves rapid control while remaining viable for up to ten years (when undisturbed). With its broad label usage, CimeXa Insecticide Dust is a comprehensive asset for pest elimination to service professionals, and is now available to residential users as well.
Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound re-sealable bag. Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors. Also for bed bug, cockroach, flea, earwig, silverfish, cricket, millipede and centipede control. Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to build immunity from. Formula contains 100% Diatomaceous Earth.
- Diatomaceous earth-based powder is a highly effective ant killer; 4-pound re-sealable bag
- Kills insects by ingestion/dehydration within 48 hours indoors or outdoors
- Also for bed bug, cockroach, flea, earwig, silverfish, cricket, millipede and centipede control
- Insects cannot develop a resistance to it since there are no chemicals to build immunity from
- Formula contains 100% Diatomaceous Earth
Harris Diatomaceous Earth powder is effective and long lasting. This item is most effective for killing bed bugs in hard-to-reach areas, such as in cracks in crevices in walls and beds. It’s approved by the EPA (No. 737-1-3) for use indoors in residential areas.
- Approved by the Environmental Protection Agency (No. 73739-1-3)
- For Use in Apartments and Residences
- Effective and Long Lasting
- Odorless and Non Staining Formula
- Puffer Bottle Allows for Easy Application in Cracks and Crevices
Bed bug prays are a great way to kill bed bugs and their eggs on contact. Most sprays are also effective for as long as 2 weeks after spraying which is great since you most likely won’t be able to find every single bed bug and spray them directly. Keep in mind that there are tons of sprays on the market and some are pesticides with chemicals that are so toxic that they do kill bed bugs but they also harm humans. Make sure you get one that is safe for both humans and animals and won’t damage your mattress or furniture.
How to Use
Spray an even coat on your mattress along with any nooks and crannies you may think bed bugs can fit. They are tiny creatures and you’ll be amazed at how many different places they can get into. Make sure you spray seams and folds as they love to hide there. Also spray nearby furniture such as side tables and dressers and ensure that you get all the joints where furniture pieces meet.
Because sprays kill bed bugs and their eggs on contact you should get one and spray the affected area immediately before their numbers grow and get out of control. As I said before you should pick sprays that are organic and non-toxic. The following sprays are all organic and safe and are very effective in killing bed bugs and their eggs.
- THE MOST EFFECTIVE BED BUG KILLER — Entomological Society of America’s journal publication confirmed that EcoRaider is the only natural product that kills bed bugs with 100% efficacy.
- PROVEN THROUGH USDA IR4 PHP PROGRAM — field tested by research entomologists for eradicating bed bug infestations in public housing buildings and recommend for sensitive environment.
- KILL ALL STAGES INCLUSIVE & EVEN RESISTANT BED BUGS — Kills adults, nymphs fast on contact with 100% efficacy, kills bed bugs that are resistant to traditional pesticides. Highest performance in eliminating bed bug eggs.
- EXTENDED DRY RESIDUAL PROTECTION — University study shows EcoRaider residual provides extended protection for two weeks on bed bugs even after dried.
- NON-TOXIC, SAFE AND ECO-FRIENDLY — dermatologically safe; child and pet friendly; safe to use directly on mattress and box springs.
- KILLS ON CONTACT – Natural, Organic, and Non Toxic ingredients eliminate bed bugs on contact in all stages of life; Eggs, Nymphs, and Adults.
- NON STAINING – Won’t stain your bedding like some products on the market. Apply directly to sheets, mattress and cover to kill bed bugs on site.
- CHILD AND PET SAFE – Made of completely natural, organic and non-toxic ingredients. No worries of fumes or dangerous pesticides and chemicals coming in contact with you and your family.
- FASTEST TREATMENT – Eco Defense Bed Bug Killer Spray works extremely fast and is easy to use. Many customers have found it easier to use and more effective than other Bed Bug products including; Bed Bug Powders, Bed Bug Traps, and Bed Bug Foggers. Rest assured, Eco Defense is your #1 solution.
- MONEY BACK GUARANTEE – Formulated by professional exterminators we guarantee Eco Defense Bed Bug Killer to work for you. Try 100% Risk-Free for 60 days and if you are not absolutely THRILLED with the results we will refund 100% of your purchase. No questions asked.
- NO MORE SLEEPLESS NIGHTS – A concentrated blend of all-natural ingredients that’ll kill bed-bugs in their tracks so that you can rest easy again.
- FAST ACTING, STAIN FREE FORMULA – Specially formulated for use on bedding and mattresses, our non-staining solution will leave you wondering why you didn’t try it sooner!
- A FAMILY SAFE SOLUTION – Carefully formulated with the safety of your family in mind—yes, even the furry four-legged members! Our powerful solutions are safe to use around your children, your pets, and your home.
- ALL NATURAL & MADE IN THE USA – Proudly made in the USA, we source the power of nature to give you eco-friendly solutions you can count on.
- ‘PEST FREE’ GUARANTEE – You deserve a stress free life. Not happy? Send a message to our Customer Happiness team and we’ll make things right. Say goodbye to all your Pest Peeves!
Check Out These Other Bed Bug Products!
|Detection & Prevention||Steamers & Vacuums||Heaters|